Milk transition

Hello mummies have you guys experience green stool on baby? Just changed her milk from cow to goat but suddenly she pooped green stool. Baby 3 months old now.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Yes, I have experienced green stool in my baby when transitioning from cow's milk to goat's milk. It can be a bit alarming at first, but it's actually quite common and usually nothing to worry about. The change in stool color is often due to the different composition of goat's milk compared to cow's milk. One possible reason for the green stool is that goat's milk contains different proteins and fats that can be easier for some babies to digest. This can cause the stool to appear greener than usual. Additionally, the transition from one type of milk to another can also temporarily affect the baby's digestive system. To help with the transition, make sure to introduce the new milk gradually, mixing it with the old milk and increasing the ratio of goat's milk over time. This can give your baby's digestive system a chance to adjust. Also, ensure that you are using the appropriate goat's milk formula specifically designed for infants. It's always a good idea to consult with your pediatrician if you have any concerns about the change in stool color or your baby's feeding. They can provide personalized advice based on your baby's individual needs and health. In most cases, the green stool should resolve on its own as your baby gets used to the new milk. Just keep an eye on your baby's overall well-being, and don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider if you have any concerns. Hang in there, and best of luck with the milk transition! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

my baby drinking nan FM. his poop is forever green. since 1 mth old 😂