Unable to pay hospital bills ?

Hello Mummies! Am going to deliver in TMC - 4bedded, natural w epidural (hopefully) in a few weeks time. Was wondering regarding hospital bills... if we are unable to pay the hospital bills, due to emergency c-sec / unforeseen medical issues etc etc., what are our options ? We tried asking TMC but no replies from them... My apologies if this is a dumb question as I'm not very sure on this... Thank u! #firsttimemom

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I strongly recommend you to quickly get a referral from polyclinic and proceed to KKH/SGH/NUH. It would be better for you to go subsidy route, its cheaper, cost saving too. TMC is private and you may need to deposit some money before delivering. My subsidy route at KKH: $0 cash, 100% medisave. My Private Route at KKH: paid by medisave, $2.5k by cash.

Read more
4mo ago

I took B1. It was $1.9k. Not sure if it is still the same now 😁

Time to google credit card with low/no flexi instalment fee. I rmb last time dbs have 3 months flexi instalment. I know at this point of time you wont want to change your hospital. After you gave birth you will get 3k? Baby bonus you may want to borrow from your nb first to pay off bills. Jiayou!

4mo ago

hi there ! thank u! Ah yes currently I'm holding 1 credit card (standard chartered) , was also thinking if I should apply another credit card just in case these emergencies 🤔

i rem when i had my first bb at Parkway east... we had to pay deposit for our selected choice in advance...and due to our turn out to b emergency csec, we had to pay i thinm half of it first upon check out of hospital, and the rest later on...but we spoke to the patiant care service in advance

4mo ago

was nov20. yes chrged for natural birth + induce + energency csec. Total bill at discharge ard 15k...nt including the deposit ive paid prev during admission n when they notify me abt emergency csec.. gynae was Dr Chua

I delivered at kkh, paid deposit for natural delivery but ended up having c sect. I only had to top up more and pay for the c sect only, instead of paying for both c sect and natural delivery which I hear is how private hosps will charge

If finance is an issue, I suggest you go to government hospital. You don’t want to start your baby beyond your means because with a baby all your cost will go up too. Then become snowball effect and adding stress.

Hi, for KKH private. they want us to put deposit 1st. i delivered my baby preterm at 35 weeks & cos we chose the private A ward, we have to deposit $20k using credit card just in case baby need to be warded to NICU.

My guess is there should be a letter of guarantee or smth? From the hospital pov they still need to collect back the $

Altho i have delivered bt im wondering the same thing too