Newborn long sleeve sleepsuit

Hi mummies, FTM here. Are long sleeve sleepsuit important for newborns? In what situation is it always used? Is it only when using aircon? I currently only have 4 pieces of it, 0-3M, 3 pieces 3-6M, will it be enough? As i scared buy too many end up not using. #firsttimemom #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not necessary if you intend to swaddle them. If swaddling, you can wear short sleeves inside. I wear when baby is in aircon room (my baby don’t like to be swaddled so I stop on day 3), the rest of the day just normal rompers. Go easy on the small sizes, if you wanna buy, go for 6m. It also depends on baby whether how many clothings you need. Mine didn’t spit up frequently so I just need 1-2 spares in case of pee or poo leaks. Can consider preparing 7 pieces (1 each night if not swaddling and in aircon) plus 1-2 pieces extra should be enough. Can put a cloth around the neck in case of spit ups so you don’t have to change out the entire clothing till night. If swaddling, 4 pieces is enough since you can wear rompers even at night. Hope this helps!

Read more
11mo ago

Swaddling in aircon room up to you as well :) Can observe if baby is afraid of warm or cold then adjust accordingly. Maybe some days just sleep suit, some days short sleeves with swaddles also can. 😊