Induced labour process

Hi mummies, this is my first pregnancy. Can anyone share more details on your induced labour process? This Thur 11pm I will admit to the Thomson hospital, will they start to give me induced medicine once I am in the hospital and let contractions start over nite or how is the process? Is breaking the water bag a must so that contractions will start? Or how they do? #1stimemom #pleasehelp #firstbaby #advicepls #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I admitted myself at 11pm, went up to the ward, changed into gown and they will do the CTG scan to track your contractions as well as baby’s heartbeat. They will proceed to run through any medical history and issues then subsequently check for dilation as well as insertion of the first pill. If you cannot tahan the contractions, use the laughing gas. If you think you can tahan all the way till then epidural is not needed. After 3 hours I was wheeled to delivery suite where IV and epidural was given to me. I rest for another 2plus hours and they checked for dilation (7cm and my waterbag just broke at this moment) and taught me how to push. Final push was done by gynae. So overall admission to labour took 6 hours.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for sharing! 😊