Able to shift house during pregnancy?

Hi Mummies, my first child going to be 18months soon and was planning to have 2nd baby but bto delayed till Q3 2022šŸ„²! For chinese myth, is it possible to shift house during pregnancy?I won't be shifting big object but only clothes and baby stuff. I guess if pregnant my bto will be in progress of renovating by then in 2022. What should I do and cause I do not want to have my confinement at inlaw again I want to engage nanny so I could rest. My first born I really having tough time handling without nanny so this time round I just want to rest but if pregnant I really cannot shift?Really need my space and some fresh air. If shift will it affect baby?I am so worry and irritated to have 2nd child cos alot need to be consider. Due to covid my bto being delay and delay so my 2nd baby plan als delayed. Anyone can advise on that? #pleasehelp #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi there, If you are superstitious, major reno and moving houses is said to potentially hurt babyā€™s spirit. This increasing the chances of complications. If youā€™re really concerned about that, then perhaps put off pregnancy plans till everything is more stable. Iā€™m personally not superstitious but I would think that having to handle reno and moving while pregnant will be quite stressful!

Read more
3y ago

Thank you for the advise. I dunno what to do cause age is catching up and I do not want to delay my 2nd pregnancy anymore cos already delayed from this year to next year. really quite headache and stressful. renovating for new bto shouldn't be a problem right?moving in new flat worry inlaw and my parent will have objection cos will affect baby. I personally also quite worry of hurting the baby or have any complications šŸ¤žšŸ»!

my MIL told me to stay out of the place if there is renovating/moving of furniture. She said that when she carried her younger daughter many years ago, she only went to see people helping to move and pack of her new place, without touching anything... and her daughter came out premature. so she told me this type just believe and stay away or delay first rather than risking anything.

Read more
3y ago

my mil said after giving birth can shift and move or renovate. haha she told me now i must not shift my bed at all and I wanted to change aircon initially.. now I'll just have to wait since I'll be delivering in 5 weeks time. šŸ˜† then just when I thought okay right, confinement will be another month. šŸ„²

I would think it'll be risky of getting miscarriage as i do believe the myth. i'm pregnant when i moved into my inlaw house, it was really tiring just to pack and unpack things. dont even mention about the myth. would advise to delay 2nd pregnancy.

3y ago

During your pregnancy moving into your inlaw did that affect your baby?somemore I know having to conceive isn't easy cos my age catching up to 35 in few yrs time.