Weight gain in pregnancy

Hi mummies, does anyone have problem gaining weight during their pregnancy journey? This is my 4th pregnancy and it is my first time experiencing no weight gain. I am worried as i dont want to have any complications or deliver my baby prematurely. Any advises or tip to gain weight is warmly welcome. Thank you in advance! #advicepls #pleasehelp #pregnancy

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lack of weight gain and premature labor is not related. Don’t worry too much and always check your concerns with gynae. If you’re in first trimester, weight loss is natural. Normally people gain weight starting 2nd trimester but it’s more of the quality of nutrition you eat that’s absorbed successfully by baby, rather than the quantity of food you eat or weight gain that’s important. By third trimester if baby needs gain more weight, it’s ok just eat more natural fatty foods and baby will grow. Eat more nuts, avocado, durian, etc.

Read more
VIP Member

Not really sure if premature baby is related to your weight gain. But if you want baby to be bigger, try to rest more. My gynae told me it has nothing to do with what we eat. More of how long and how is the quality of our rest. I OT a lot during my first pregnancy and my baby indeed smaller. Hope this helps!

Read more
VIP Member

Which trimester you’re in? Normally you will gain weight at 2nd trimester onwards. My 2 pregnancy only gain 8-10kg 😅 baby is doing well. If your baby is too small or weigh lesser than average, gynae will ask you to eat more and advice you on what to do. Don’t worry!!

No need worry. I m in 37 weeks+ ny total weight gain around 8kg but bb is approx 3kg. In 3rd trimester can see weight increase faster.. Take it positive less weight increase also mean easier to resume back to pre preg weight..

No need to worry so long as baby is healthy? I didnt gain weight thruout my pregnancy and in fact lost weight. Did not give birth prematurely too

Don't stress about weight gain. So long as baby is growing during scans, it's ok 😊

VIP Member

If u wanna gain weight mayb can try eat more protein or avocado 🥑

TapFluencer

No worries so long baby is growing well