Giving birth without husband present

Hi. Any mummies decided to go through the birthing process without having their husband around / witnessing it? If you did, how did it turned out? #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I delivered my no.1 in isolation because i had a high fever. normal delivery. My husband wasn't allowed inside before during and after the birth of my girl. He just sat in the waiting anxiously room for baby arrival. my isolation nurse was really helpful. she would sit by the isolation room door and attend to me immediately when i need assistance. cus when ur waterbag bursts, u will be bedbound all the way till u deliver. the same nurse will check fr dialation, tell me to pee, and teach me the proper technique to push and assist the dr. my OBGYN was very helpful and patient. she would let me know tht i can rest in between push if im tired, adjust the aircon temp, and really encouraging throughout my delivery. after delivery, i was put into isolation room also. so my husband had to go home after that because he couldn't enter either. i put all my emotions aside and focused on the process. my defence mechanism didnt even allow me to cry or scream even when the baby is out. lol. i only started feeling emotional when my husband can finally visit us the following day. if u happened to deliver by yourself, just stay calm, breathe, and focus. most importantly, believe in yourself. i delivered at kkh btw.

Read more

Me! As mine was emergency c-sect at a private hospital, my husband can’t be beside me when I gave birth. I’ve always planned for natural delivery so that was very shocking for me to have a c sect. Anyways just go through it and as long as you and baby are fine and healthy, it’s all that matters. :)

I had emergency c-sec and my husband was not allowed to enter the op theatre and waited outside. the nurses and doctors were very assuring throughout the process and everything was fine. Don't worry at that moment your mind will only focus on delivering your baby safely 😊

It depends on how independent you are emotionally. For birthing in a hospital, the nurses are there, actually I didn't find anything missing even if husband is not around. It's the moment of reaching home that some care is needed from someone close.

No issue at all. My husband will probably not present when I give birth. But my Mom and Mom in law are there to support! ☺️

TapFluencer

I did. No issues :)