Brown discharge @ Week 6

Hi mummies! Am currently in my week 6, these few days I’ve been experiencing more discharge and it’s rather brown. I’m not sure if this is considered as spotting and should I be worried..? #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, At 6 weeks, brown discharge abs spotting are common. To be sure, you could make an appointment with your gynae just to check :) I would be alarmed if you’re bleeding just how you would in your regular menstrual cycles - in which case, head to the doctor’s immediately. Hope this helps and do take care mama

Read more

I have the same experience, sometimes got spotting during my 5-7 weeks. My gynae said its common but not normal. Just get some rest and drink more water! Take care mom!

Super Mum

It could be spotting. If it is, it’s quite common in the first trimester. As long as you’re not bleeding heavily and having cramps, it should be ok.

VIP Member

Hi mommy, on the safe side, it is better to check with gynae. They can give a better advice as everyone react differently. ☺️

or yeast infection which is quite common during pregnancy too. i got antibiotics for that after they took a sample test