#firsttimemummy

Hi mummies. Just to check how many diapers will u stock up before ur baby born and also did u buy like 1 set of baby bottles for ur baby just incase if u unable to breastfeed. What brand will u recommend for diapers and baby bottle. Any idea? #1stimemom #firstbaby #pleasehelp #advicepls #pregnancy

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I made a wishlist of gifts so that I can ensure I wasn’t gifted with duplicate items or insufficient items to get by at the beginning. So when friends/family asked, I was able to share the list and they’d know what to get. So I had a myriad of different diaper brands gifted for us to try. And I’m glad I did cuz the cutting on some brands like drypers and huggies were too short and small for my baby. So I ended up giving them away. Also, I asked for Small as the baby will outgrow the NB size fairly quickly. Also partly because in the first few weeks, I was so tired and zonked, it didn’t mean anything to me about the Brand’s… all I needed was a clean diaper to use when I stretched my hand out. 😄 I could think slightly better after the first month, and by then, he graduated to Small size already. I started with like 3-4 packets from friends and family then just selected the preferred brand and stuck with it. I did purchase some sample packs on RedMart around 2 months to try. Bottles, it really depends on what your plans are - purely latch on, pump exclusive, formula exclusive (for some mothers perhaps not by choice) or combination? I started exclusively latched on, but we had some supply and demand challenge so supplemented with formula. I had some freebie bottles from diff brands to try out (pigeon, Hegen, tommee tippee), but in the end, after discussing with the lactation nurses, we ended up with Dr Brown’s which we Purchased and use. (And I highly recommend it). So I was glad I had the few bottles at home to try out, cuz my baby also had a preference amongst these. Was glad he didn’t mind Dr Browns. Same with baby wipes!! 😆 So my advise is, try and start with samples or gifts, then build your way there. Every child is different and every parent’s preference (and circumstance) is different. Have a few options and decide from there without necessarily feeling the pinch of being stuck in. Hope this helps

Read more

I didnt stock up too many NB diapers. Most were free samples from various brands or trial packs sold cheaply or gifts from friends (total approx 100+pc?) Its definitely not enough, but there’ll still be an opened pack that you can bring back from the hosp stay, and I’m also planning to see how big my baby is when he is born before buying in cartons hahah. Cos I heard many stories where the baby outgrew NB size too fast when they bought too many. Plus we can also try out the various brands this way before buying bulk, in case bb has any allergic reaction/diaper rash to a particular brand. Baby bottles i bought 1 set (ie 2pc) Hegan cos of the good reviews and plus even if i breastfeed and dont use it, it can be used as snack storage or bm storage. I also got a free Dr Brown’s bottle from the mum club box and another 2 free Avent bottles from the Avent steam sterilizer/dryer set. Some mothers advise against getting too many of diff brands but I wanted to try out what works best for bb, and since all are freebies except the Hegan one, i felt its still ok costwise for me. But it’s up to your personal choice. I have also heard alot of good reviews about Pigeon bottles for fussy babies so if the above fails, i may get those instead! Hehe I think can try as much to get all the samples you can first!! 😛😛

Read more

Never stock up too many NB diapers cos they really grow up very fast. Just buy 2-3 packs first. Recommended Pampers Premium. NB poos alot and so far this was the best diaper my baby had when he was a NB cos his stool is the soft type and will always leak. Try to ask around diaper companies for samples. When baby has grown to size S then you can start to buy in carton. From here you'll need to trial & error to see if baby has any rashes on butt or not. May be the best brand for us but not for yours. So depends on your baby. Just in case, same goes for formula milk too. Need to trial & error to see if baby likes it or not. Bottles. Go for anti colic. Avent is the best brand but again like I typed above, may be the best brand for my baby but not yours. I bought Tomee Tipee too but my baby hates it because the teat is larger than Avent's. Plus Avent is affordable. Pigeon is too. Tip : Don't go for the bottle teat that look like a breast like Tomee Tipee which I really regretted buying but instead go for the teat that baby can suck well like breastfeeding.

Read more

Don’t stock up. I made the mistake of buying too much when I was pregnant with my #1 and it turned out that his butt was allergic to it. He had very bad diaper rash, no matter how often we changed him. Changed to a different brand and he got better. For my #2, I used the ones the hospital gave and once I saw that she was fine with it, I got my hubby to buy more.

Read more
TapFluencer

Pampers premium and Hegen I bought 1ctn NB diapers and around 10 bottles with 4 teats, 6cover. Subsequently increased to around 20 bottles. Hegen bottle can use as milk storage Diapers can purchase online and delivered on next day or 3days, so don't really need to stock up

Read more
Super Mum

I only bought 2-3 packs of NB diapers because I wasn’t sure how quickly baby was going to outgrow it. When he graduated to S, I started buying in cartons. We used Mamypoko until 2 years old. For bottles, we started with 2 bottles from avent. Then we switched to Dr Brown.

I used what i had from the hospital for the pampers. I had samples from signing up stuff but baby doesnt like it after trying one. So we used back the one from hospital. For milk bottle.. i bought philips sterilizer n dryer n came with 2 bottles.