Baby rolling at 11weeks

Hello mummies, My baby has started to roll from back to tummy at 11 weeks. She just turned 12weeks today. Just wondering if this is normal? 😥She did roll over from tummy to back before she learned this but for now she seems to have forgotten how to roll back and excitedly keep rolling to her tummy. Yesterday she rolled to her tummy while asleep and it woke her up crying. I'm so worried if she does this at night and we don't roll her over back in time cause we are all asleep. Have any mummies experienced this? Did you buy the anti-roll pillows for baby cot? #worriedmummy

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

is your concern normal or safe? cause i guess they can roll when they are ready to roll, i googled before to not swaddle when baby can roll.. how is your baby doing now? im just starting to transtion my baby to have one arm out when swaddle cause she seeems to want to roll over

12mo ago

Both were my concerns actually.. I asked my baby PD and she said my baby is fast. 😅 As for safety, my baby now sleeps between me and hubs as our bed is too fluffy for her to roll in her sleep. We let her use the arm free sleep sack, 0-12mth baby pillow from clevamama, long baby pillow by her sides (below armpit). She's been sleeping well ever since. We are careful about not suffocating cause our bed is king and we don't share the same quilt for now. In the day, my baby still loves to roll onto tummy time. Seems like your baby will roll soon! 😍 I didn't try the one arm out swaddle as my baby hates to be swaddled.

swaddle her will be safest.

1y ago

Thank you for the reply! We tried to swaddle but she will unswaddle herself and the swaddle will be crumpled on top of her body which can be unsafe. 🥹