Baby Overweight

Hi mummies, my baby girl just turned one on 17 July 2024. Went for development assessment at polyclinic and Doc said my baby girl is overweight at 12kg and her head circumference and height is also more than 97 percentile. Was referred to KKH for paediatric advice on diet and weight management. Polyclinic Doc also said my baby development is slow because she cannot stand and take a few steps. I was like huh? because my baby just turned one and is still learning to stand and she can stand for like 8 to 10 secs, though baby cannot walk yet. I am quite disagreeable ( ok a lil angry ) with the Doc assessment because she said my baby is slow in development. My sis baby only started walking at 14 months and childcare teacher also said some kids started walking at 13 to 15 months. Now have to go for extra appointment at KKH, which I feel is Doc being paranoid and causing me stress. 😓 #advice #FTM #pleasehelpAndAdvice

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know how you feel! The polyclinic doc said that my girl who is 15mo has speech delay caused she’s not talking yet! I mean, come on! There’s no switch in babies that will automatically turn on once they reached certain age! I’m too, angry and paranoid now!