Any reviews

Hi mummies! Anybody had experience with Dr Vanaja from NUH? My preffered gynae is not available for the next 6 months and only left with Dr Vanaja. TIA! :)

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I chose Dr Vanaja as my gynae and I love her! She might take some time to warm up, but she really knows her stuff well and is willing to go the extra mile to explain what you don’t understand in layman terms which I think is very very helpful. I’m a FTM so there’s a lot of acronyms and such that I don’t understand cause I’m not medically trained as well. So having someone to guide you along and reassure you that everything is fine, puts you at ease too. She is busy because she has many patients under her but that does not stop her from answering any questions or doubts that you have. The waiting time is really dependent on whether she has to deliver a baby at the last minute. Otherwise, the wait might be less than 30mins. I rarely wait for hours to see her. I feel that Dr Vanaja is someone I can trust when it comes to my pregnancy and my baby’s well-being. :)

Read more

According to a close mommy friend, she is extremely busy, seems very tired mostly uninterested with answering questions concerning pregnancy and labour and average waiting time for her is 1.5-2hours. There are many reviews on her with experienced mothers who have had her. You might want to join Singapore VBAC Support group on Fb. Dr Vanaja has many mixed reviews. Maybe you want to read them and you could drop dms to some of the mommies there if you have any in-depth questions you wanna ask. All the best! P.S if you are paying NUH Dr Vanaja for a private route, I would suggest a more supportive Dr in another private hospital as compared to her. Price difference isn’t much of a difference for nuh private vs PWE/TMC.

Read more

Might want to consider Dr Citra or Prof Su Lilin instead.