Stye??????

Hi mummies, my 4 months old baby has a stye on his upper eyelid. I’ve brought him to the clinic and doctor gave gel eye drop for his eye. It’s been 1 week++ but the bump is still there, redness subside. I am wondering when does the bump will disappear? What should i do next? Anyone experience this before? TIA! #FIRSTIMEMOMFIRSTBABY

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi fellow mummy, My children have this problem constantly because: 1) they constantly use their hands to rub their eyes 2) they have long eye lashes which cause dirt to gather Warm compress works all the time for us. The other thing you could try is to use a water-based eye cleaning gel called Blephagel if this is really chronic. Otherwise, using a clean cotton ball - one for each eye - dipped in cooled boiled water and cleaning the eyes twice a day would help I believe. If it keeps persisting, the PD may give you a an ointment to help keep it at bay. Hope this helps mama.

Read more
VIP Member

Try warm compress, softly dab at the bump. It might take awhile for it to flatten. Prolly maybe 1-2 week? If still persist, go back to the same doctor. If doctor can’t do anything, maybe can ask write referral to KKH.

Super Mum

Hey Mama if bump still persists.. you may want to bring baby back to the doctor to check. In the mean time have you tried a warm compress everyday?