Newborn tummy ache

My one month old fifteen days newborn have not poop for three days. He cries uncontrollably after feeding and at some point if time. His face will turn red and tummy seems abit hard. He’s on formula milk 90ml every 3 hours. Some friends mentioned that i should increase his feeding, but i am afraid if it will overfeed him. #firstmom #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Assuming your baby’s weight is within normal range for his age, don’t think you are overfeeding per day. Even if overfeeding, don’t think it will cause constipation. You may want to check if it’s due to the formula milk he is drinking, how it’s being prepared etc. we always follow the formula powder to water ratio (every scoop of formula should be added to 2oz of water). Suggest you also check out some formula milk that provides constipation relief, hope your LO gets well soon! If not, do take him to the paediatrician

Read more

Check with PD, maybe PD will give probiotics. Massage the baby’s tummy and do cycling movement (be sure to lightly pressed against the tummy by raising the hip a little)

i changed my daughter's formula milk twice. currently giving her kendamil goat milk which helps her with constipation