Body Image Issue

Any moms or mom-to-be who has body image issue? As a kid, I was made fun of for my weight so I don’t want to gain weight at all for my pregnancy (currently 15 weeks). I also dislike the look of being heavily pregnant so I’ve been tempted to get a corset to ensure I don’t start showing. Any one went through this and have any solution or advice? I don’t want the child to be unhealthy afterall 😕 #1stpregnacy #advice #advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. Corset will harm your fetus. It needs room to grow in the tummy and corset will constraint it. so please don't ever have the thought of this. all mummy gain weight during pregnancy due to baby growth because of the fetus weight and all the water retention which you can't avoid. what you can do is control your eating but don't starve yourself. eat in small portion but often. Pregnancy tends to give individual more craving and turn to more sweet stuff. You can try eat more fruits instead of junks for sweet things. what my sister told me when I was pregnant is to not gain more than 10kg than your current weight else it will be harder to shred it. also wear compression stocking. this will help with the water retention. every mommy's journey is different. take one day at time and keep reminding yourself at the end of the day you are taking care if 2 lives. Jia You!

Read more