2cm dilated and contraction

Hi moms, i went to hospital this morning and only 2cm dilated. Hospital does not wan to admit me altho im due. They ask me to monitor for regular contraction altho i have been feeling regular contraction every 7 to 15mins. Feeling depress as i thought i would give birth soon. #1stimemom #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

because u are not in active labour yet, so wait for the more painful contraction tightnening and also feelin like stomach aching consistently 3 to 4 mins apart. Its good that they allow u to go home so u can relax, if not for me i learn it the hard way, the gynae would just admit me and put drip on me to stimulate the contractions that is more painful cos its a synthetic kind of oxytocin/pictocin. I end up 16 hrs in labour with epidural and almost i feel like asking them to csect me. Lucky after that the baby come out. For my subsequent pregnancies i go for a pro natural gynae, i waited 40 weeks plus then i went to hospital at 6cm dilated. Thts when active labour kicks in. So at 2cm just relax ya mummy! It could take a few days for maybe a weeks before u are in active labour, esp for first time moms it take while for baby to enter pelvis. The happier u are and relax,the more the contraction will come and cervix will open up as happy moms produce more oxytoxin and baby is happy too!! So take care ya!!

Read more
3y ago

And remember to breathe when the contractions comes! Dont tense up ya!

You were asked to go home to monitor because you're not in an active labour yet. If it's too frequent like every 5-10 mins and if you've dilated more, probably 3cm, they'll admit you for sure. Otherwise you'll be staying for hours and hours in the hospital. Try to keep walking or do squats even at home. This helps you to dilate more.

Read more