Announcing pregnancy

Hi mommies! When do y’all announce pregnancy to friends and families? After week 12 or after week 20? #advicepls

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For my 1st pregnancy I announced it to my boss when I was about 6 weeks. Informed my parents and PIL only when I was 11 weeks. My only 3 friends I announced it when I was 8 months pregnant. Hahaha. I like to keep it really Low profile because I don’t want to hurt people’s feelings especially those who have been trying for a baby for many many years. One of my sec sch mate I only tell her after I gave birth because she’s been trying for a baby for a few years and even telling her was quite nerve-wrecking lol. My current pregnancy I only told my families when I was 13 weeks. Told my brother and 3 friends after I found out baby’s gender which was at 21 weeks. I’m 22 weeks now. It depends on you actually, the longer you wait, the better I feel unless you’re expecting some hand-me-downs you can tell in your 2nd trimester so you will have energy to collect and wash baby clothes and other stuffs.

Read more

My morning sickness was so bad in trimester 1 that i kept vomiting in the toilet and the toilet is right in the office itself, so everyone hears it and know that i’m pregnant 😅 I only told 1 of my close friends when i’m 2 months pregnant cos wanted to get some advice from her as back then she was 8 months pregnant also. Even when i know my baby’s gender i also didn’t make any announcement on social media cos i always feel that there are a group of people who will be happy for u, another group who will be jealous and another group who doesn’t even care. So i kept the happiness within my small circle of friends and relatives who genuinely care and feel happy for me during my pregnancy. i’m currently at week 28! I think most people announces after 3 months when baby is more stable and when they find out the gender, or after the FA scan between week 18-22

Read more

i am rather paranoid with my pregnancy and this is my first. i have not made any announcemeny..those who bumped into me and sees my belly could tell and that's how they know. I havr bad anxiety, always wondering if my baby will turn out fine without abnormalities etc. I'll probably make an announcement after i give birth safely. It depends you know, there's no right or wrong timing. Anyone who wish to share can do so at any time....

Read more
VIP Member

We don’t announce.. they saw the bump, they ask. I was 5mths plus along then…That’s how they know. I see no Point of announcing.. unless someone is gg to help me out with my hse chores or cooking. Work is a different scenario. I declared my pregnancy the moment I found out I was pregnant so arrangements came be made during my absence.

Read more

First pregnancy I didn't announce. They ask out of curiousity because they see the bump (12 weeks). Second pregnancy had to announce to my parents because they are taking care of the first before/after school. Work bosses/colleagues yes, of course, due to environment as well as movement of staff. I didnt share with anyone else not even cousin, relatives because I find it unnecessary.

Read more

Shared with my bosses at wk 5 once I found out I was pregnant so that they understood if I cannot carry heavy stuff and I believe in giving them ample time to make staff arrangements. Also told both side of parents and siblings immediately. Currently at wk 9 and will only share with others after wk 12. Dont think i can hide beyond that since my belly is showing alr

Read more

I'm about 5 weeks, I told my boss last week as I happened to have some entertainment dinners last week and there's no way I could drink (alcohol) and my morning sickness is so bad that I literally have to excuse myself from all work meals. Family and friends (except my insurance agent friend) don't know yet as this is my first pregnancy and is superstitious about it.

Read more

Announce it first to my workplace so they're aware. I was having really bad morning sickness, so better for them to be aware. Informed immediate fam members at about 9 weeks. I didn't announce my pregnancy. If they happen to see the bump or ask then they'll know. No point announcing and all, not like many will bother to help you if you need it. That's just my opinion.

Read more

usually people announce after the week 12 scan, some week 13 (2nd trimester).. for me, I hinted my direct boss around week 8 then my terrible MS beginning shortly after so my boss quite understanding when I often went mia or take urgent long leave to rest.. my family only know after my week 12 scan.. friends I only share with a few..

Read more

I'm 22 weeks in and I only started announcing my pregnancy with my close friends and family at 21 weeks. I don't see any importance in announcing it- keeping a low profile on my pregnancy and especially my baby. I guess cause it's my first child I'm a little protective. I don't intend to post photos on social media either.

Read more