Stomach Tightening

Hi mommies, Is stomach tightening at Week 37 normal? I feel like its super tight that its gonna burst lol. Normal? #advicepls #pregnancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's braxton hicks and it's very common especially now that you're in the last stage of pregnancy. Comes & goes just for a few seconds and will go away when you change your position and should not be painful. Your uterus is preparing for labour and take note that now you're considered as full term already. If it's painful then it's contractions. Pain normally comes from your back to your tummy & you'll feel a very heavy pressure down there then start timing the frequency. Head down to the hospital if it frequents from 5-10 mins. No need to wait until 2 mins.

Read more
3y ago

Noted mommy! Monitoring it as well cause alot of discharged have beem out recently!

Hii there. This is normal. Nurse said the baby probably doing some stretching inside. But monitor the frequency. If it's too frequent and the duration is shorter, you might want to go to hosp. It could be false alarm (contraction) too.

3y ago

If its stomach tightening with no pain should be ok right? Unless its accompanied with pain?

TapFluencer

there's once I had tummy becoming very hard and tight no pain. I went for my usual appointment with my gynae then I was told I'm having contractions they need to monitor me. I think best is to check with your gynae.

Yes normal. But if it’s pain then need to be alarm