Advice of food consumption

Hey Mommies Out There, I'm in my 6 weeks. Wanna know if Tom Yum pasta is safe to consume now? And ikan bilis is safe to consume? Cheers! 😊#1stimemom #advicepls #pregnancy

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup! It’s safe. Ensure all seafood in the Tom yam is thoroughly cooked. If you do put cheese and cream in it, make sure it’s pasteurised but not to worry most dairy products are pasteurised now. And yes ikan bilis is fine as long as it’s boiled in stews/soups or fried. However might want to eat in moderation at Ilan bilis is more on the salty side.

Read more
2y ago

Okay, Noted on that. Thanks for the advice. Cheers! 😊

You can pretty much still eat as per normal. Just avoid raw food, undercooked food/eggs, alcohol & Chinese herbs. I didn’t know I was pregnant (4 weeks) and was spamming half boiled eggs and pineapple juice cause I was craving for it omg AHHAHA. 🫣

2y ago

Hahah! Thanks for the advice :) I've been craving for Tom Yum but did not eat till now. I decided to ask if it's safe before I eat. The craving is strong! 😂

I take a lot of Ikan bilis for calcium during pregnancy. Tom yum is fine also if your stomach can take it, I also take spicy chillies as I like it. But some mummies may have sensitive stomach for spicy food. Listen to your body.

yea I did have tomyum on a few occasions but in moderation as some tomyum soup can be too spicy and high in sodium!

Try to avoid especially in your first trimester. Unless you cook your own tomyum soup without lemongrass.

Yes of course, in moderation :)

everything in moderation :)