Week 6 + down with cold

Hi mommies out there, i am currently 6 wks pregnant and unfortunately I'm down with really bad cough and flu. I have been coughing really hard for the past 5days and im worried will the baby get affected. I went to see doctor today and he prescribed me antibiotics, cough syrup and phelgm expel pills. He claimed all medications are safe for pregnancies. But what worries me is will my baby's congenital development affected by all the medications? Im alr so worried whether if my baby is normal.. can i have wise advice on this from mommies who went through a very bad flu but baby turned out healthy? Thanks and well appreciated!#pleasehelp #advicepls #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Better to take the medication so that you'll recover faster. I had covid when I was pregnant and I was also very worried but thankfully my baby was born healthy. So don't worry, take the meds and get well soon

it’s very normal to have flu and be pregnant. baby’s development will not be affected. if you are concerned perhaps you should take herbal medicine instead. a lot of mummies have covid even.