Struggling to swallow capsules & pills

Hi Mommies, I’ve been struggling to swallow calcium pills and prenatal capsules. For calcium pills, I’ve already broken it down to 4 or more pieces before swallowing but it does make me feel nauseous, I end up vomiting everything out. Tried powder form and mixed it in honey water, end up vomiting it out as well. The prenatal capsule is even longer so I did not even try. The contents inside is liquid and I can’t stomach the taste and smell. I haven’t been consistent with the supplements that doctor prescribed me with for the last 2 weeks as I don’t have anymore ideas how to swallow the pills. Wondering if prenatal drinks like Similac mom or Enfamama can replace those pills? #firsttimemom #supplements

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Sorry im not sure about prenatal drinks. However totally understand ur struggle in swallowing the pills. Perhaps can try blending it with milk? Or a drink that you like! Are u in ur first trimester? It was hard for me too in the first month. But after some time my body got used to it. Lets hope its a phase for u too and it’ll get much better soon!!🤍

Read more