Struggling to swallow capsules & pills

Hi Mommies, I’ve been struggling to swallow calcium pills and prenatal capsules. For calcium pills, I’ve already broken it down to 4 or more pieces before swallowing but it does make me feel nauseous, I end up vomiting everything out. Tried powder form and mixed it in honey water, end up vomiting it out as well. The prenatal capsule is even longer so I did not even try. The contents inside is liquid and I can’t stomach the taste and smell. I haven’t been consistent with the supplements that doctor prescribed me with for the last 2 weeks as I don’t have anymore ideas how to swallow the pills. Wondering if prenatal drinks like Similac mom or Enfamama can replace those pills? #firsttimemom #supplements

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Sorry im not sure about prenatal drinks. However totally understand ur struggle in swallowing the pills. Perhaps can try blending it with milk? Or a drink that you like! Are u in ur first trimester? It was hard for me too in the first month. But after some time my body got used to it. Lets hope its a phase for u too and it’ll get much better soon!!🤍

Read more

Hihi, from the start I told my gynae I can't swallow pills, so she didn't prescribe any to me, and told me to get milk for pregnant mummies instead, so I have been drinking those!

I totally struggled too. Some days I chew on it with my food to musk the taste. Maybe u can ask ur gynae if there is an alternative brand that is smaller in size?

how many weeks are you in now? I tried to avoid having the supplement in the morning on an empty stomach. it makes me vomit too. mom milk also makes me vomit.

Try swallowing pills and capsules with cold plain water. Work for me every time 😝

there are gummies for calcium supplements it taste good too