Breast milk Storage

Hi Mommies! I have tried different kinds of milk storage. Which means I have spent plenty just to try them out. Firstly, I used Avent milk plastic storage. It is convenient, does not occupy so much space and it is sterilized so there’s no worries about whether it is clean, dry and safe for BM storage. Secondly, I tried those small bottles which can be commonly found at Kiddy Palace (I think). Perhaps I can reduce plastic waste by opting non-plastic materials so hence the curious switch of storage. It is made of glass and does not have measurement (ml/oz) markings and has a screw type cap with another part in the center which can be removed. I am still not sure what purpose it served but if you know, please do share with me. Anyway, I thought that maybe I should get a container that has the markings instead of always needing to gauge the amount of BM i could produce. Thirdly, I bought BKA glass bottles (which i came across online while “window shopping”. It has the markings up to 100ml and the cap cover is like a cork-shape type silicone. So I thought to myself, Made of glass - checked Measurement markings - checked But to my disappointment, when i place the BKA bottles is the freezer, some of the cap popped out of the bottle. Maybe some exceeded a little beyond 100ml so I said to myself “alright, understood”. Eventually, i use the second choice. Glass, screw cap and continue gauging the measurement. The amount doesn’t matter to me now since I could just ensure the BM volume reaches a certain height of the bottle (Haha!). The reason why I chose glass bottle, aside from reduce plastic waste, is because I could UV sterilize glass bottles without worrying about the breaking down micro plastics of plastic items. Oh well! That’s my share and merely my opinions based on own experience. What about you?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

use storage bag is the best.