Confinement nannies during CNY period

Hi all, might anyone be able to advise when would be an ideal time to start looking for a confinement nanny? As my due date is close to the lead up to CNY in 2024, it seems like a price surcharge is inevitable 😔 might there be any agencies to recommend (besides PEM which seems to be quite famous and I suppose more expensive)? Thanks in advance!#firsttimemom #confinementagency

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I received quotations from both PEM & STAR. STAR is slightly cheaper (few hundred only). You could also try asking around for good recommendations for specific CLs, likely will be a lower rate than agencies since no agency fees. I went with a colleague's recommendation in the end. All the best with your search!

Read more

First time dad (to-be) here and I also got the same advice from other folks. You'll need to start searching ASAP as most confinement nannies are from MY and will be back home for CNY. There will also be a CNY surcharge but some agencies might offer an early bird discount. All the best in your search!

Read more

Best to secure asap! Checked with a few agencies and they only left with really limited slots or fully booked!

would recommend asap. i waited till first trimester ended and it was too late, good CL already all booked.

PEM quoted me $5k. Better to already secure a confinement lady now.