Swaddling newborn

Hello mamas, May I know how many swaddles should I buy for a newborn? Also, I’m wondering if I need to put on a onesie and then swaddle the baby? I’m concerned if that’ll be too warm for the baby in SG weather #1stimemom #advicepls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought 8 for my baby. As they may make mess on it. like eg. vomitting milk or leaked diaper. I on air con/fan so baby doesn't feel too hot. I put on a onesie and wrap baby. My swaddle is pretty thin, that is also why it's fine. As long as it's not too thick. Can use a thick swaddle at night if you on air con. Also depending on whether you buy traditional or modern swaddle. Traditional is those cloth swaddle and you wrap baby up. Modern is those zipped ones.

Read more

i bought four and got two used ones from friend. just nice, no need buy a lot coz when baBy starts to roll, you can stop swaddling. Mine stopped at three months. i bought BeBe Bamboo swaddles which are big in size, can use as nursing cover or blanket aft baby stop swaddling. Soft and comfortable too, not hot. my baby only wore normal romper and swaddle or else too hot

Read more
VIP Member

swaddles are godsent. the actually let my baby sleep super long. yes I buy the super long ones as my babies were tall. and I do toggle on off air con ... howver I don't do it too snugly at nights so the break free when the air con is off. they wear a romper to sleep underneath

I have 5 cloth swaddles since i hand was baby clothes daily. If you don't wash daily then prepare more. i also buy thin cloth swaddle since SG is hot n humid. Since wearing swaddle, i only let my baby wore top with no bottom. Easy to change diapers too 🤭

I was also concerned coz sg very warm. I cant remember whether my gal only used the swaddle from 1-2 mths. Anyway she doesnt really like and she sweats wif a swaddle 🤭 so she used to wear short sleeved bodysuit to slp 😅

i bought different types of swaddles, 9 in total. i was only able to use 2 since my lo hates being swaddled and prefers the sleeping bag type. he just wears short sleeved onesie to sleep even with aircon on.

Get the swaddle from “Sunday Hug” they have the mesh type one, more suitable for sg weather. You can find it in shopee

I bought 3 swaddles for my baby but of no use as the weather in SG is hot and humid.