LO fell and has a huge bump head

My LO (5 months) fell and hit his head. Hes doing fine, no vomiting , feeds are all good... However there's a huge bump on his forehead .... How long will it take for the bumps To go down? Or if there's anything I can do to reduce the bump size ? :( A bit worried #firsttimemom #worried

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's understandable to feel worried as a first-time mom when your little one experiences a bump on the head. In most cases, bumps on the forehead due to falls can be quite common, and while they can look alarming, they usually resolve on their own with time. To help reduce the swelling and bump size, you can apply a cold compress or ice pack wrapped in a cloth to the area for about 15 minutes every hour for the first 24 hours. This can help with reducing inflammation and swelling. It's essential to keep an eye on your LO for any unusual symptoms such as persistent vomiting, extreme irritability, changes in behavior, or difficulty waking up. If you notice any of these signs, it's crucial to seek medical attention promptly. The bump on your LO's forehead should gradually decrease in size over the next few days. If you notice any concerning changes or if the bump doesn't seem to be improving, don't hesitate to contact your child's healthcare provider for further guidance and reassurance. Remember, you're doing a great job as a mom, and accidents happen. Stay calm, monitor your little one closely, and seek professional help if needed. Everything should be okay in most cases. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hello all! just a quick update, it's been 2 weeks since then. and at the end of week 1, the bump seems to get smaller. and currently , end of week 2, it's real small now, almost not noticeable soon :)

VIP Member

Usually i cold compress the area to reduce the swelling. Ice wrapped in cloth and apply a few minutes at a time. Sometimes the bump stays around for days and the bruising goes off by a week?

TapFluencer

glad to hear ur LO is recovering 💕

Cold compress.

💕

💕

💕

💕