Cot or no cot?

Hi, would like to check if any one has experience about letting baby sleep on just a firm mattress with taut sheets on the ground instead of a cot? Is it safer/better? #advicepls #firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

If you are letting the baby sleep on cot ensure the baby is in between two adults and baby has enough space. Better and safe to have a sleeping bed for the baby and u can keep that on the cot. I have attached the image of the one we used. When you notice that the baby can easily roll over out of this baby bed then you can prepare a bedding for the baby and keep 2 bolsters on each side so you or the person sleeping on the other side will not disturb the baby.

Read more
Post reply image
1y ago

Thank you for tips!

My baby cot was a waste of money lol. I ended up co-sleeping since that helps me to breastfeed my baby easier (lesser tiredness than all the tiredness lol) I make sure baby is safe of her own, with a good distance from any pillows and blanket. Also, I’m a light sleeper, she breathes slightly louder than usual I would have woken up. 😂 I also got her a baby lounger when she was alot younger and doesn’t turn much.

Read more
1y ago

Now 12 weeks with my 2nd, and not planning to get another cot. I do put my 1st born in a portable bassinet at times too.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21392147/ be careful and do note the advice

1y ago

🫡🙏🏼

TapFluencer

my cot was hardly used 😅