KKH Private Price

#LaborandDelivery Hi mommies, i heard if KKH private the bill is quite expensive. My friend’s total bill is around $10k with normal delivery.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup that’s right. In 2020, I wasn’t even a private patient, was on subsidised (citizen) but I had complications post-delivery (pre-eclampsia) and also had to go for emergency c-sect. I took epidural too. Hospitalised for 6 days in B2 ward. My bill size excluding pre-natal was $11k plus. Before Govt grant that is. After grant, the excess was $4k plus which my hospital insurance covered. In the end I didn’t pay anything so it depends on your financial situation if you’re willing to standby at least $15k if you choose to go private.

Read more

Hello mummy, Just gave birth & paid upfront cash 2k . Medisave 2k as well so total 5k ish. But that is citizen, pr & ltvp rate. For foreigners price is doubled I think around 6k-8k as far as I remember. Stayed in ward A btw. Epidural is additional rate around 1k.

I suppose the 10k is before medisave? I dun rmb my fren's one was so exp. I was a private hosp patient and my bill after medisave wasnt even 10k 😅 but like the below said, depends on the class n type of pain relief as well

Bill size is very subjective, the type of ward you choose eg b1, a or suite whether pain relief was use type of delivery natural, c sect with or without emergency/complications just to name a few

Read more
2y ago

nationality also play a part

I gave birth in march, private class A ward normal delivery, stayed the basic 2 nights, it was about 4-5k out of pocket for both me and baby after medisave. Including medisave about 8k.

17h ago

Hi, did u have epidural then?

Hi mummy! I gave birth in 2020 and my husband only paid 3k cash for mummy and 400 cash for baby. I took class A. This is for delivery only :)

Read more

not really it depends on whether it’s c section or not. normal vaginally delivery mine was $4k.

2y ago

Hi, may the 4k is after medisave and which ward? Thank you

ward A natural delivery, total cash paid only $1k +

2y ago

A class single bedder? isn't the cash upfront as deposit/initial payment upon admission already cross $5,000?