NT Scan at NUH

I've a question. Im currently 14wks pregnant and yesterday at my scan visit at NUH, I just realised I was being charged additional $200+ for an NT Scan, on top of the standard Antenatal Scan. I was surprised the doctor who ordered the NT Scan did not ask my consent on my last visit at the clinic. She only asked if I'm keen on NIPT Test, which I told her I didn't want to. So my question is, is the doctor right to proceed with the NT Scan without my consent? I would hv understood if its compulsory or she strongly suggested as I'm already 36 yrs old. Also, I did not get any report on the NT Scan. CAN I request for all the scan photos and report as well? Thanks in advance for ur inputs :)

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

is ultrasound on tummy right? I am wk 10, everytime have appointments directly do a scanning then follow by doctor consultation. This Tuesday just went cost me $241 .not included medicines .During scanning will explain to me how big my baby then give me picture (at kkh)

12mo ago

Yes it is abdominal scan on tummy. The sonographer didn't explain anything abt NT Scan too. My baby's length (height) and weight weren't being told to me too. My 1st scan was done by the doc herself, and it was transvaginal. She printed out ALL the scan photos. even stating baby's length (height).

i only found out an NT Scan was done too, on top of the Abdominal Scan. when i was presented with the billing for payment. i mean how can a doctor proceed without my consent?

You should receive a piece of paper stating the baby’s crl, nt length and other observations made by the sonographer during the scan