Is it ok to heat up frozen breastmilk in storage bags (honeysuckle and tommee tippee bags) using kiinde kozii warmer?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My cousin is using this kiinde kozii warmer. She uses it to warm up breastmilk in storage bags directly from the freezer. But then again, I think it's up to individual comfort level to warm up plastic (storage bags) Abstracted from the website, it says Kiinde kozii is designed using patent pending SAFEHeat technology allows high-speed warming using a low temperature, nutrient-safe water bath that is safe for breast milk, with a built in timer to eliminate the risk of overheating. It is stated on their website that it is safe to warm storage bags of any brand.

Read more
Post reply image

Kiinde Kozi warmers are generally compatible with most milk bottles but no mention of breastmilk storage bags. Best to avoid doing so because the material for those bags are thinner compared to the bottles and containers. Might have a risk of melting and eventual contamination of milk. Kiinde has its own designated twist breastmilk bags so maybe you can use those instead?

Read more
Post reply image

If you are using Kiinde Twist Pouch then it is not an issue. You can try to post your question on Amazon under Kiinde Kozii product page so that the users could advise you on their experiences. Alternatively, you can try to read up the reviews and I believe you can find a lot of users sharing their experiences;) hope this helps!

Read more

are the storage bags made for reheating? is that indicated on the packaging when u bought the bags? if not, highly recommended not to as there would b high chance of chemicals leaching from the plastic. would likely b better to thaw first and transfer for reheating

Normally I will thaw milk bags over night in the fridge then pour them out into bottles to warm. I do not feel safe to just heat up the milk bags as some of them are really thin and I am afraid that they might break.

Im using unimom bags, i just dump it in the warmer and let it do its job.