Hi Does Anyone Has ICP Before?

Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP), also known as obstetric cholestasis, cholestasis of pregnancy. Something got to do with liver and bile issue, during pregnancy. Had no rash itch on only palm and sole. I read, bby could be born premature or worse, stillborn! Any share of experience and survival? Tq

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls get checked immediately. My whole body was itching. I thought it was due to hormonal imbalance. Upon doing a blood test. Doctor found I had ICP and has to do an emergency C-section at 37 weeks. The thing abt ICP is, it won't affect the mum.. It will affect the baby. Like u mention chances of premature and worse case stillborn is High

Read more
3y ago

yes, it's true that the symptoms varies. For me it was severe itch at night. From head to feet (sole) till I can't sleep.

VIP Member

I had bad itchiness when I was pregnant (1 time only), whole body from head to toe, keep scratching like monkey, I keep drinking water to detox (so urinate a lot), never check with doctor about this, but my baby born healthy

I also read some article before about that so i was a bit paranoid whenever i have some itching when I was pregnant. Better to have it checked asap to be sure.

4y ago

Hi mummy, thanks for the advice. I am currently waiting for blood result. Hope all is good and if nt, probably might consider repeat test, shud symptoms persists. L