GDM, COVID AND CLOSE CONTACTS

Hi. Im a worried mommy. I am 23 weeks pregnant. I had GDM.. in fact an existing diabetes patient. Recently 2 of my colleagues was tested positive for Covid 19. I had a history of Pnuemonia 3 yrs ago.. and im now very worried for my health and baby. I did not received any HRW frm MOH for now.. not sure if my colleague did put our names on it. Yes. For trace together, we didnt do it on that morning cos we were 'kanchiong' to ask tat colleague of mine to test on ART. I was hoping that KKH can give me a week or two HL until they sanitize the office. Not sure if the company had actually called MOH to sanitize or not also. I not sure what is the best reason to give ur gynae to ask for HL.... #pleasehelp #1stimemom #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I think you should explain your situation to your gynae at KKh and try to ask for HL? I also had GDM and was able to get HL from my gynae on grounds of possible covid 19 exposure as i was working sort of frontline and i was still unvacc and alr experiencing braxton hicks at that time. But i did go to a private gynae and was already 33 weeks… If KKH doesnt give you HL and your finances allow, would you consider gg to a private gynae for the time being so you can get HL? Cos its q risky for pregnant women nowadays and esp with your medical history…

Read more
2y ago

hi there. yes. i was thinking of private clinic.. as my last day of work will be by end of this year. but i doubt i can wait any longer.... im just worried fr myself and baby..

Hello mummy. This is not related to pregnancy but my son was in a very close contact with his best friend when we were notified by his school. We waited to be issued with a HRW but it didn't came at all. It's been 2-3 weeks now and thank god he was not affected. I was really worried as we have a baby at home. Now for KKH to issue HL because of that, I doubt they can do that unless you have any health issue but give it a try. I've heard it's difficult for public hospitals to give a HL unless private hospitals. But again do give it a try.

Read more