Travel insurance covering trip cancellation due to pregnancy?

Hi all! I’m wondering if anyone knows any travel insurance provider in Singapore that will allow claims for trip cancellation due to pregnancy arising AFTER trip is booked (ie unable to fly during first trimester)? It seems like most providers list it as an exclusion :( TIA! #adviceplease

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went through this. I booked a trip with travel agency ASA and they were so hard hearted. They actually asked me to travel in my third trimester or forfeit the deposit of $2000. They said it can’t be helped because this is their terms and condition. I told them I fell pregnant AFTER I booked the trip and it wasn’t like I planned for this. The worst part was that I informed them WAY in advance like more 5 months before the trip was supposed to take place and then they have yet to book anything. They did not even send any confirmation to us that the trip was confirmed. It was too early. But no refunds means no refunds. They were so relentless in not refunding that the whole communication with them took 3 months and it was still a no.

Read more
2mo ago

Did you lose any deposit?

I’m in my first trimester too and I got my gynae to help write a doctor’s letter which eventually helped me to cancel all my bookings with full refunds even though they were initially non cancellable! (From flights to activities)

2mo ago

Nope I didn’t claim anything from insurer. Even my travel insurance was cancelled! Flights from SQ was refunded with doc letter!

TapFluencer

🙏💕

👍