Hospital bag check list

I'm week 33 now and will be giving birth at KKH. What should I carry in my hospital bag? I really want to carry light, only essentials.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also brought the essentials only. Clean clothes & undergarments to go home with for you and baby which includes booties, mittens, cap if needed and swaddle, toiletries, hp charger, socks and jacket/cardigan as it may get cold at night and very important (your I/C). If your partner is driving then bring along your baby's carseat otherwise can just hold your baby and take cab home. Baby's diapers, wet wipes, maternity pad are all provided at the hospital.

Read more
3y ago

Thanks mommies 😊 I have my week 35's scan in 2 week's time. I'll check with them as well.

I just gave birth at KKH, ward class A. Toiletries, disposal panties, maternity pads, diapers and wet wipes are provided. For baby, a set of clothes and a swaddle for discharge. If you are a first time mum and want to learn how to use the breast pump, can consider bringing along and request to see the LC. The LC will be able to guide you how to use and how to breastfeed.

Read more
3y ago

To me, yes. A breast pump is essential even though my baby latches. Cos she doesn’t latch for very long and I won’t know if she is full or not, or how much she drank. With the pump, I can keep track of how much milk I am producing, and also, the pump helps to promote the milk flow.

Important Documents For Admission : 1. NRIC/Passport 2. Letter For Mummy : 1. Cardigan/Jacket 2. Toiletries 3. Slippers 4. Nursing Bra & Nursing Pad 5. Personal Skincare/Body Care 6. A Set Of Clothes To Change Upon Discharge For Baby : 1. Towel/Baby Blanket 2. A Set Of Baby Clothes 3. Cap, Mittens & Booties 4. Infant Car Seat《If Have》

Read more
3y ago

Thanks Vedette 😊

VIP Member

I pack a luggage full of things but didn't use any except my baby's clothes. The hospital will provide baby's diapers, disposable panties, maternity pads etc and I was too weak to even request I want to use my own though I prepared and brought them. Bring your handphone charger, maybe camera and tooth brush.

Read more

You can refer to the checklist under the tracker :)

3y ago

I did check. But those are very expanded list. I would like to pack just the essentials and those I will receive from hospital I can skip 😊