Pump Session

I'm using an electric pump but no idea for how long should I pump for a session? But I know I should pump every 3-4 hours. I'm also using the Haakaa pump for my letdown. Is it normal to get low supply? I only can get 30ml for the left and my lazy right breast can only yield 10ml 😞 I eat oats biscuits, Milo, Longan Red Dates drink and a lot of fluids. Can't take Fenugreek cos it made me have painful gastric. Also, is it better to just put my bm in the fridge or freeze it? Using it daily though. My 19 days old baby latches and also drink from milk bottle. #advicepls #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wow! You are really doing a good job there. Having your baby latch and have time to pump. 👍🏼 You can pump 10-15 mins each breast. More than that may lead to Mastitis or something like that. However, it is advisable to pump when the baby is 6 weeks old because breastfeeding will be stable by then. Also, the best way to have more supply is through unlilatch. Breastmilk can be placed in the fridge if baby will drink it within 24 hours. If not, you can put it in the freezer. You do not have a low supply. It's just that our breasts produces enough milk just right for our babies needs. Disclaimer: I'm not a medical expert. I am just fond of breastfeeding and the benefits of it for our little ones.

Read more
3y ago

Yup breastmilk is really the best thing we can give to our babies, specially now that there is a pandemic. You may also pump during midnight, some says our milk supply boosts during those hours. and Mummy J is right, you may also pump after the baby unlatches. :) Breastfeeding not just for feeding our babies, it also gives them comfort, it is like their safe zone. Also there is this thing called "growth spurt" that is common for breastfed babies. It's as if babies are always fussy. You may Google for more info. :)