I'm a mother of a coming 3 years old boy. My husband & I do not wish to have more children as we r very happy with our current life. Then of cos, I know pros & cons of having a single child & also >1 child. My boy's youngest cousin is 7 years old already. My boy attend full day childcare & he's very happy during weekend as he has our company. I know he loves attention & always love to play with other kids. However, of cos I'm scared that he will get lonely as he grows up especially weekends or school holidays. But doesn't mean he will be close to his siblings if there is any siblings. Any mummies facing issues of getting playmates for your single child or know of any groups that I can join so that my boy can have more company with friends? Thank you!!!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My kids are 5 years apart. Younger one is only 2 months plus. It took us a Long time to decide to have #2 cos like you, we were happy with one child and life was good. But she kept asking for a sibling and we also found her very lonely. She would look longingly at other people with siblings and that broke my heart. In the end we decided to try for #2. Sometimes hubby and I ask each other why are we going through all these newborn problems all over again when our elder one is already so independent. We can do so many things together, watch movie, sleep in etc. But with a newborn, our lives are all haywire again. But every time I see my 2 girls interact, although very limited at this stage, I know we did the right thing. The way jiejie sayang her meimei and the way meimei looks at jiejie when she talks to her makes me melt.

Read more