Helper needs

Hi, im a FTWM. My 2yr old toddler goes to childcare and my infant is 3m old. I have a helper but she is quite blur. No safety cautious but she is good and loves my child. I send my toddler to CC daily. Except weekends. But im gg back to work as my ML has ended. Wondering how to manage bringing a baby out while fetching toddler from sch? (Need to take bus, few bus stops away, need cross traffic light and no shelter if raining) . My baby also tends to be awake when my toddler is home. Thus making my helper difficult to attend to both at the same time. My husband and I can't fetch my toddler from sch as we end work at 6pm by the time the centre is closed at 7plus pm. Can any mums share ur experience? I want things to be easier for her so i can go to work at ease. I have been worrying the whole entire time. 🥲#pleasehelp

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I can certainly relate. The first thing I’d like to suggest is letting the CC know about the difficulties you’re facing and see if they can help you out. Second, teach your helper how to baby wear. Whether she picks your toddler up or not, very good and useful skill. A third option - expensive no doubt- would be to send your helper by grab to pick your toddler and back on rainy days. As for days with good weather, do a run through. Have your helper learn to get up the bus with a baby and a stroller. Yet another way, make friends with your child’s school’s parents. Perhaps someone who drives can help you out by dropping your LO back home and your helper can come downstairs to receive your tot? Then you can make personal arrangements like giving a monthly fee or trade a skill.

Read more