Hawker Food

I’m a FTM and struggling to find healthy options at hawker centers. Aside from yong tau foo and fish soup, do you have suggestions on what I can order from hawker stalls? I don’t eat beef and only recently learned to eat some veggies 🥲 #hawkerfood #nutrition

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Porridge, boiled soups.. I didn’t really bothered about what I eat and didn’t avoid anything in particular except for my half boiled eggs 😪 (I don’t drink/eat seafood/raw food prepregnancy so I don’t have issues avoiding those). Eat what you want (in moderation), don’t stress over food! ☺️

1y ago

Thank you ❤️ I guess I’m obsessing about healthy options because I’ve never been a healthy eater pre-pregnancy, and I’m at that maternal age where more risks have to be considered 😮‍💨

I just eat whatever I feel like it, chicken rice, duck rice, caipeng....but whenever I can, I try to cook and make my own soup at home. But I had no issues, no GD, baby born full term healthy at 3.2kg, didn't even have jaundice...

1y ago

Me too, I was at 40 weeks and nothing was happening, no dilation, no water breaking, no contractions nothing at all. My gynae advised for elective csect as he things success rate for induction for my case isn't too high. We went ahead with csect 1 day aftet the due day. I was walking and showering by day 3. Recovery was quite ok also, not as bad as I had imagined. But different people have different experiences of course. I would say maybe check with your gynae and see what he/she recommends.