Feeling nausea at 6th week & unable to sleep at night

Hello, I'm currently at my 6th week according to my LPD. Found out I was expecting when I visited the GP for slight discomfort (e.g. nausea & the feel to vomit). Took a urine test at the clinic & turned out positive. Visiting gynae for the first time this coming Wednesday but I've been experiencing nausea all day long since last week. Sometimes I'd fall asleep (good thing) and wouldn't feel being nausea but the timing that I actually fall asleep is at the evening. Like 7pm plus and I'd wake up 2 to 3 hours later from slight discomfort and then ending up unable to sleep even at 2 to 3am. Have been eating plain crackers and drinking plain water cos other food really put me off. How do u fight the nauseating feel? It seems a long way to end of trimester 1 and I'm not sure if I can handle it. Felt so helpless that I cried last night. Also, am experiencing slight brown spotting too. 😔 #1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it’s very normal.. you can ask your gynae for medication to help with the nausea and take it for your comfort. slight brown spotting is normal as well, i had it throughout my first trimester. as long as the blood is not fresh red, dark red, dark brown. i’m almost full term now.

2y ago

thank you! wishing u a safe delivery!!