Low HCG levels

Hi I'm about 4-5 weeks along. I just found out I was pregnant last wed (1/9) and did blood test, HCG levels were only at 10mIU/ml. Today (7/9), I repeated the blood test as I had spotting and blood test results was only 31mIU/ml. Gynae has put me on duphaston and given me a progesterone booster shot and ordered for 2 days more of bed rest then retake blood test. Anyone had any experience with this? How did it turn out? I'm quite worried and praying really hard #firstbaby #pleasehelp #1stimemom #advicepls #pregnancy

Low HCG levels
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry too much mama! I had spotting for 3 weeks in trim 1 from week 6-8. General brown spotting is better than pink or reddish ones. I got better with the regular Duphaston pills and now in week 16 with a health baby during detailed scan! It can be worrying but just stay on bed rest, don’t be too stressed and keep hydrated! Hang in there 😉

Read more
3y ago

thank for the encouragement! however I'm most worried about the HCG levels.. 😭

I had the same experience, when HCG did not increase 2-3x everyday 2 days, turns out mine was ectopic pregnancy. Like you I had to see a Dr very often during that time to monitor. Fingers cross it’s just a scare for you but do monitor closely. Keep safe!