Collecting colostrum

Hi, I’m 39 weeks and trying to collect colostrum, but then I don’t have thick yellowish colostrum which they mentioned it’s called liquid gold.. Mine is more of like watery, slight yellow Is it normal? Can it be given to baby once she is born? Will I have thick colostrum once baby is born? I’m so confused… please help..

Collecting colostrum
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on reaching 39 weeks of pregnancy, you're almost there! It's great that you're thinking about collecting colostrum, as it can be really beneficial for your baby in the early days. It's totally normal for colostrum to vary in color and consistency from person to person. The thickness and color can be affected by factors such as hydration, diet, and individual differences. Watery, slightly yellow colostrum is still valuable for your baby and can absolutely be given to her once she's born. As for whether you'll have thicker colostrum once the baby is born, it's hard to predict for sure. Some women do find that their colostrum becomes thicker after birth, but others may not experience a significant change. Regardless, the colostrum you're able to collect now will still be beneficial for your baby. If you're feeling confused, it might be helpful to speak with a lactation consultant or your healthcare provider. They can offer personalized support and guidance to help ensure a smooth start to breastfeeding once your baby arrives. Keep up the good work, and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Doctor mention that colostrum drew out from mommy only can last 2 days, need to dispose if left unconsumed