Induce pregnancy

I’m 39 weeks + 6 today, tmr will be my edd but I’ve no signs of labour at all!!! No contractions, no Braxton hicks, I’m not even dilating. My dilation has been stuck at 1cm for the past 2 weeks. Doctor suggested to induce on the 10th because my baby girl is already 3.3kg. I’m only 165cm, not sure if I can even push my baby out via natural birth. Any golden tips from all mommies pls advice me on what to do!!!! Personally I’m having very mixed feelings about having to induce because I feel that maybe both baby and I are not ready for labour, which might increase the odds of having to do emergency c sec but doctor mentioned that eventually will still have to induce since I’m not dilating. I’m feeling so lost as this is my 1st baby. #pleasehelp #advicepls #firstbaby #firstpreganancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I give birth at 41 weeks 1 day with me being induce at 41 weeks in the morning. I was 3cm dilate, with no signs of contraction, my waterbag was still full. I did membrane sweep but still same. I am 153cm and baby is 3.2kg. Was assisted with vacuum delivery. Thank God the induce was successfully but I did take thigh jab, gas and epidural. Taking induce is two times or shall I say much more painful then normal. If you have high tolerance level you can proceed otherwise you can go normal without induce. The few reasons doctor/gynae for induce is to fasten birth process, baby's huge, baby past edd, etc. So end day its ur choice to decide.

Read more
1y ago

Yeah pray hard and hopefully all go smoothly. Meantime you can walk, squat to speed up labour with no induce or C section.