I'm 34 weeks pregnant and the joints on my fingers are getting sore and numb and arthritis-like. I cant open the door or bottles because my fingers are not having the usual strength. Just wondering if its just me or any other mum feels the same.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The soreness and numbness are due to the water retention in your fingers, I'm sure your legs are swelling up as well. It's pretty normal. I couldn't even clench my fists when I was pregnant. Refrain from eating salty foods, and try to exercise regularly. Don't worry about feeling clumsy. Take foods that are high in potassium and drink more water! I also try to massage away the fluid by squeezing my fingers and working them back towards my wrists. It does help for a short while. Sadly the retention doesn't go away. On some days you feel good, some days you feel worse and that's normal. After 6 weeks postpartum the fluids will start to go away. http://www.thebump.com/a/swollen-hands-during-pregnancy

Read more

Im having the same problem as you. For me I will relieve the pain by stretching. I will sit on my bed, place both hands behind and flat on the bed. You can feel the immense stretch all over the palm and fingers as you move your hands slightly, I feel better after stretching this way...

It is called carpel tunnel. It will disappear after giving birth. Basiccally, during pregnancy the swelling put pressure on your nerves which created numbness, tingling and weakness in your hand. Do not worry because it is very common while prenancy.

Dont carry thing that much heavier n dont even use to open something hard , keep awy from something shrps , dont eat seafood cuz tht cud cause the baby have sensitive skin ....my favor for a bby is to drink much milk for my bby to make our baby skin bcome white

I felt it before but I ignored since I'm too busy at work but suddenly i suffering for severe weaknesses then I consult to my ob i diagnosed hypokalemia paralysis (32 weeks pregnant). you can ask your ob as soon as possible for remedy.

Ohmy.. i thought it was Only me.. i’am 33weeks pregnant. My thumb on My feet was so painful with No reason and was swollen. Couldn’t even walk properly. But now getting better after about 3-4days

Super Mum

mom ơi e thiếu 1 like nữa mom like cho e vs ạ https://community.theasianparent.com/booth/1140813?d=android&ct=b&share=true e cảm ơn mom nhiều ạ

mee too .. gràbe struggle sya every after ko magising from either long sleep or nap.. sobrang sakit.. lalo sa thumb ko di na nawawala

hell yes :( currently wk 36 and feeling the same as you do :( I guess it be okay after baby pops out! hang in there 😎

same here. naninigas ung fingers lalo pag galing sa tulog. Hindi ko agad maigalaw, lalo sa right arm. 😔