Going to be a single mum

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and my husband asked me for divorce. I am feeling really lost and thinking of what's the next step I should be doing now. I'm currently not working. My husband had been supporting me in every way. Now I'm feeling helpless. Where do I seek help as a single mother #1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls #pregnancy #pleasehelp

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went through a rough pregnancy too with my husband constantly giving me problems and even after my child was born he still carried on. He recently has decided to leave us and hasn’t been in contact since. I know how you feel. My best advise would be for you to get a flexible part time job for now. Contact MSF and also speak to a lawyer to protect yourself and your child.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi sister, Think positive and show your hubby how much you love him and the baby. Sometimes a small act of love can change anything in a man, nothing is impossible in marriage life. Work things out; talk to each other and try to understand each other. Your child needs a father, don't get Divorce unless your husband is hurting you.

Read more
VIP Member

sorry to hear that. you might wanna seek help from MSF. or call in counselling hotline to see how they can help. not necessary to head down. try to find side income like online biz to support yourself meantime so u at least have abit of money to go for your appointments. all the best mummy. pls stay strong ❤❤❤

Read more

sorry to hear. what's the reason he asked for divorce? if the reason is simply because he don't want to take responsibility or because no sex then move on. if it's because your mood swing due to hormonal changes during first trimester, talk out with him or see a family counselor

Hi! i just want to ask you 2 questions is that when did you get married to your husband? And why is he ask you for a divorce with you when you are currently pregnant??

Please be strong for your baby❤️ Sending you love. U can talk to us here if u need any moral support else u can seek help from MSF ..

3y ago

thank you 💞

And also do reach out to safe place as i contacted to my social worker about your situation now

Post reply image
3y ago

Your welcome

Let him be responsible for the child. Ask for $ support.. fight for ur rights mummy!

any way to salvage the marriage. if need help, there are few agency to approach

sorry to hear, you can visit one of the family centres at your area.