Hi need help

Hi, if I caculate by my period date I'm supposed to be around 10 weeks now but when I did my first ultrasound scan it shows only 8 weeks... Why is it like that?? Anyone knows... #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

LMP is not accurate cos you may ovulation may be late (not every women knows when their ovulation is) that's why ultrasound is the 1st thing they do to check on the size of your sac or your fetal. Ultrasound is more accurate so they can estimate your EDD.

This means you had a late ovulation and implantation that month. Another possibility is that if your first scan was abdominal and not transvaginal. Abdominal scan usually isn’t very accurate in dating early pregnancy .

Based on calculation, my wife should be 7-week pregnant on our first check up but the gynae said it was 6-week. This was estimated from the size of the embryo. If your gynae did not raise any concern, it should be fine.

VIP Member

Based on my LMP, I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant but gynae told me I was almost 9 weeks. Whatever it is, I’ve been very cautious with my diet since I was ttc. So it doesn’t really matter. 😉

If gynea nvr shows any corcern . Probably its nothing lah . Dont worry too much . Not goof for u to stress at this point of tyme . Especially 1st tri .

They don’t calculate by your period date. Its measure by the size of the fetal or the gestation sac. I had the same experience 😅

maybe due to having a longer ovulation period. ultrasound scanning is more accurate.

TapFluencer

if your gynae did not have any concerns, it should be fine

I was supposes to be wk 9 but scan showed wk 8 so ya..