Signs of labour

I am worried I might miss my signs of labour and jeapordize my baby safety, example would braxton hicks and contractions are they that different? Water bag bursting would it be like peeing? Or it will come out involuntarily, as often when I pee, I will be like is that my water bag?...#pleasehelp

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You know you're about to give birth when you feel pain on your belly. No matter what you do, try to sleep it off the pain won't go away. Usually the pain comes from the back to the front and your vagina. That's contractions. It get intense. Unlike braxton hicks which is just tightening feeling in your belly. Not a very uncomfortable feeling but does not feel pain. If your waterbag leaks, it'll feel like warm water comes out non-stop. You'll see water in the floor too. If your waterbag have burst then it's a gush of water like really alot and also warm. Our body are different so contractions feeling for everyone is also different. But contractions gets intense, this is when you need to get to the hospital.

Read more

I just given birth yesterday! I thought it was only false contractions but abit more intense with pretty consistent timing which made me thought of going to the hospital for a check. When I went in, doc says… I’m already 5-6cm dilated. Haha prior to contractions I also did noticed a long, extra thick lump of vaginal discharge 6 hours before the intense contractions. My water bag did not burst by its own and I had no bloody show too.

Read more

Dont worry. I too didnt know how contractions felt like. Even when i was already 4cm dilated i didnt know 😅. All i felt at that time was severe tailbone ache. Every one is different! I was told by the nurses that some people experience both front and back pain.. but for me was the tailbone.. water bag burst would really feel alot of water gushing out. My gynae burst my waterbag hoping that my process would b faster but it didnt 😂

Read more

For me i had red spotting in the morning at week 39. Then felt contractions at midnight every 3 to 5 mins interval. Contractions are continuous consistently whereas Braxton hicks is not. Doctor burst my water bag after 8 hours of contractions to expedite the labour. Everybody is different you will know when the time has comes. Don't worry too much. all the best!!

Read more