Sore after pre natal massage

I just went for my first prenatal massage at babies bellies, i rarely go to massages as i cant handle pain. Is it normal to feel body sore after prenatal massage ? Or is prenatal massage suppose to be gentle and relaxing? Cause mine was quite painful. Not sure if its too much strength or because im not used to massages

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Prenatal massage is not supposed to be painful at all. But then again everyone got different pain tolerance. I did prenatal massage twice, the masseuse told me that they are not supposed to use strength when you are pregnant if not will trigger contractions. End up it felt like I’m just paying someone to rub oil on my body, but It was relaxing. The second time I tried, the masseuse was a different woman but under same company. She’s got more strength than the first one. But she didn’t use 100% strength. It felt shiok for me but my body was sore for about 3 days after that lol. It’s normal to feel sore if you don’t frequently do massages.

Read more

Normal to feel sore if u havent done massage in long time. I did the first one at week 20 and super sore but that’s also because my muscle very tight. I think after 2-3 sessions i dont feel much soreness i even ask to add more pressure but cannot coz it’s prenatal haha