Newborn clothes size

I understand that baby grew up fast and its best to buy bigger size. But my MIL is insisting to buy newborn size and despite being told of my concern on baby size and fast growth she insist to have 12pcs of tie front newborn size so that baby will be comfy. I do not want to disrespect so ill do as she say while purchasing some bigger size to standby. but im confused to buy 52cm or 59cm newborn clothes as 0-3months is considered big to her too. #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I guess it depends on whats ur current baby size in gestation at 39 weeks so u have an idea what to prepare. i was on the heavier side at 3 kg so i prepped larger clothes 0-3, and 3-6 months from mothercare. but other mommies had smaller babies so maybe thats why ur MIL rather have tinier clothes. check in with ur mother and MIL what are their kids general sizes too. for e.g. my family was all 2.6kg at birth so tiny clothes of course but my husband and his siblings were all 3.3kg and above. if ure planning to fully breastfeed theres a higher chance of baby gaining weight better. my baby has been a constant 97th percentile. meanwhile my cousin is bottle fed so her baby constant 3 percentile until one year. so many factors to consider leh. but younger babies alot of poop and puke accidents so more new clothes the merrier! i preferred hand me downs after 3 months because less incidents haha so clothes are kinda spot free. if theres a lot of leftovers in good condition just pass them on to someone else who might benefit 😃

Read more

I think you should get a few newborn clothes to standby, cos your MIL does have a point. If it's too big, it's uncomfy for the baby and if your baby is only the smaller side or premie, 0-3 will likely be too big. so having at least 5 pieces for one week is good, in case there are accidents too! plus when going home,you would want something that fits nicely, if not poor thing the baby wear super loose clothes. Good for the pocket, but doesn't look nice in pictures 😂 a friend of mine gave birth a few weeks early and had a premie, and she didn't prepare any newborn clothes, and poor child could only wear 0-3mths clothes after she hit 3 month marker. so better to be prepared!

Read more

I bought bout 8newborn size but when my baby pop out 1 mth earlier the clothes are almost all r too big. Luckily the brand not too big is just really not to big. So I end up buying 3 more sets(3 pieces in a set) as he will also starts infant care at 2 mths. Now he is 4 mths and I must say the clothes I bought are well used as he can still fit in them. So it really depends on ur baby size. Now with online purchase made easy nobody help u also u can buy if it’s not enough.

Read more

I’m experiencing the same thing! Initially I also hear many people say don’t buy too many small pieces but I think it’s good to have at least a few. I didn’t initially prepare but my SIL just gave birth and all her baby clothes were too big for her baby. So my mil is insisting I buy some newborn sizes because the bigger ones will not fit. I have standby a set of 5pcs of 52cm for my baby due in Aug.

Read more
10mo ago

NB typically measures between 49-52cm unless ur baby is on the bigger side. If so far gynae says baby's measurement is on track and not so big, u can buy a few in 52cm sizes. For me, I only bought bigger sizes as my boy was big at 3.8kg and 55cm. I received a few 59cm size frm ppl and my boy cld only fit in it for a week! Aft tt he's wearing the bigger sizes.

my bb came out 2.9kg. i had alot of 1-3mths hand-me-downs from my mummy friends so I only bought 2 size 52 onesie myself. my girl grew out of 52 by ard 1 mth mark. personally I feel size 1-3 mth is fine as most of the time bb wrapped tightly in cloth swaddle in the 1st mth so doesnt really matter, plus 1-3mth can wear longer 😁

Read more

my bb came out 2.9kg. i had alot of 1-3mths hand-me-downs from my mummy friends so I only bought 2 size 52 onesie myself. my girl grew out of 52 by ard 1 mth mark. personally I feel size 1-3 mth is fine as most of the time bb wrapped tightly in cloth swaddle so doesnt really matter, plus 1-3mth can wear longer 😁

Read more

Buy some new born clothes for your baby (: I had that thinking too whereby baby grows fast. My first born wore all those 3-6mths clothes and when I looked back at her baby pictures i felt so bad she that was wearing clothes not meant for her newborn body.

I guess it depends on how heavy you baby is now. My baby was born 2.9kg and size 50 from Uniqlo suits her. I personally don’t mind getting the right size of clothings for her. I have 5 pieces of 0-3, 3-6 months clothings ready.

10mo ago

Thank you so much for the sizing guide really appreciatw

For me I got baby clothes from carousell because I know they will outgrow it very fast and I don’t want to spend so much on that. True enough so many clothes my baby could only wear once before he outgrew it

I ftm and prepare clothes 0-3m only😂😂 idk if i should rly buy the 0-1m one….