First Trimester.

I can't do much on a daily basis as all i could only do is lie in bed. Each time i get up, i feel nausea and get terrible headache. Is it normal to experience this during the First Trimester? #firstbaby

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm feeling the exact same lol I lie in bed until my back aches and sometimes I wish I can have a long sleep so I wouldn't feel nauseous but my sleep or nap is always v short/keep waking up. I also have this headache, usually at night (sometimes I just take a single panadol pill, the most basic one to help me thru). legit, the moment I'm awake, I feel nauseous and always ask my hubs for help but obviously they cannot do anything lol I always just tell myself I can do it I can do it but after that feeling nauseous all over again. makes me just wanna stop at having 1 baby cos I don't think I wanna deal with the morning sickness all over again for 2 months. I just bought preggies pop drops on shopee but it hasn't arrived, hearsay it helps w nauseous. hopefully it helps with mine. I really hope mine will subside when approaching 2nd trimester... take care!

Read more
VIP Member

yes, but pls dont miss out on your meals. maybe spread it into small portions so you’ll have 6 small meals a day! drink lots of water and dont forget to take your folic acids my dear. anyways, anything with ginger works wonders for me during 1st tri! sure the taste is not too fancy shmancy but at that point i alrdy cannot take it and just wanna get rid of the nausea and headache! hehe hope it helps! and congratulations on the new bundle of joy! 🤍

Read more

I am at 7 weeks. I am nauseous from the time I wake up and brush my teeth to abt lunch time. I usually eat a few almonds and walnuts together with an apple or box of blueberries in the morning. For now this works. Usually lunch time, I don’t take rice or carbs. Just vegetables and meat or just soup. By the time we get to dinner I have my full appetite. Even if I can’t eat, I do force myself to touch 1000 Cals a day min.

Read more

Perfectly normal! I put myself on bed rest the entire 1st trimester as the morning sickness was really bad for me. You need to have ample rest. Your body is going through a lot of changes to carry a baby. Hang in there ok! By 2nd trimester you'll be back to your normal, hopefully!

Was feeling real horrible during trimester 1 as well.. just took more rest n snacked on Meiji crackers/cornflakes/bread/Milo.. Naturally lost weight during trimester 1 as well.. still felt nausea during my second trimester but it was much better than the first!

TapFluencer

I was also like this in my first trimester. gynae said its quite normal. Your body is adjusting and you need a lot of rest. Now in my 2nd trimester and I up and walking about and energy is back. Hang in there!

same here and i feel it throughout the day, especially when I'm not munching continuously so i actually eat a lot 😢 started sipping on ginger tea and hope it helps!

It is normal. My wife slept a lot too. It gets better. It is important for you to have enough rest. Do check your blood pressure if possible.

It is normal. I find that having a little vanilla ice cream helps a lot with coping with the nausea.

VIP Member

Just make sure you snack despite the nausea. Coz empty stomach makes it worst. Take care!