Pregnancy Care

I read some articles and some advice pregnant mum to avoid using chemicals (eg: from detergent, house cleaning agents, spray, perfume etc). However, this is really difficult to avoid as I still need to clean my house. What's your opinion? #firstbaby #1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did continue using cleaning agents throughout the pregnancy as I was still managing the household chores. For me, I washed my hands thoroughly if I have touched the cleaning agents and I avoided using bleach. You can consider using gloves and ensuring the place is well ventilated :)

3y ago

Oic.. This is what I am doing currently and try not to breathe in too much of those chemicals.. Thanks for your advice 😉

VIP Member

I tried to avoid using harsh detergent and cleaning agents and opted for natural cleansing agents instead. Can consider brands like Method or Pipper Standard. You can continue using these even after your baby is born since it’s natural.

3y ago

Oo.. That's a lot of things for mummy to learn.. Haha.. With apps available somemore.. So convenient.. Thanks for sharing

TapFluencer

I just use as per normal nothing change no issue. I guess it's pretty personal whether will you be very particular about all these. I even spray perfume on my clothes.

3y ago

Haha.. I agree with you.. But I stop using perfume since I know I am pregnant.. For the cleaning agents, it will be quite difficult since I have already stock up some previously

I have changed brands ever since I was trying to conceive. seventh generation, biohome, there are alot of non toxic brand out there that is safe for you and family

3y ago

Oic.. Thanks for sharing! Will take a look on the brands.. 😉